Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 8th, 2014 -- Move Day!


Thank you for everything!! It was great talking with you guys too! I loved it!
No, mom, I didn't get the baking soda paste thing. For one, I haven't really been thinking about it and two...I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! I'm leaving America Jr! Finally!! See ya, little America!! I'm leaving tonight and I'm going to Brescia! It's not far but it's somewhere. I really wanted to go to another region. Somewhere to Genova or Firenze (I really want to serve there. Really, really bad!) Or maybe even Milano. I would also like to go to Como. But I'm going to Brescia!! So excited to go! It's on the other side of Verona which isn't far. But whatever. My collega is training again. He'll be a good trainer. He likes to run the companionship in a trainer way, I guess you could say. All I know about my new collega is that he's been out over a year. I'm not even sure what he's name is. I'll find out tonight though! And my apron is awesome!  And I'm keeping it! It says "Italia Milano di missione" or something like that. But it's cool!


View Larger Map

Ya, the Italian is slow but it's coming. My collega says that I sould like Elder Caulhoon when I talk. It's hard to sound like italian. And to speak grammaticaly correct. I'm always thinking about how the words and stuff match up or not. My thought process always go like this: "Okay, he said this...so...imperfect tense...that means it would be 'pensavo' and then 'che'...which means it would go to imperfect subjunctive because it's hypothetical...oh flip. How do you say that word again? Man, how come this always happen to me?!" But, ya, I really hope I become bilingual. I'm becoming fluent but I'm not there yet. I know I'll become fluent but I really want to be bilingual. Maybe I'll get an Italian collega because I noticed that most missionaries that speak Italian really well had an Italian collega. So, maybe I'll have that chance. Hopefully.
Tell Aubrey congrats!! I've been thinking about what I'm going to do when I get home-health wise. I'm so glad I'm leaving Vicenza. The food habits here kill me. Not only that but pasta is the main food group for missionaries. And I can't tell you how happy and glad I was to see that chocolate and that licorice you sent me! I felt so good eating that stuff!! I just kept on thinking, "oh, I miss this so much! So much! I miss mom's cooking! What am I going to do?" All that I'm saying is, I may become a health freak, but I really want to have your cooking! I've also been thinking, "should I go to the gym or something when I get back? Because I'm not sure if I'm getting fat or something but my body is in so many different proportions..." All I know is that after these next two years I really need to do something!! Another thing you have to sacrifice as a missionary is your health standards. Not fun.
Love ya, mom!! I also sent you another e-mail regarding some things! Make sure you look at it!
Hey Dad!!
Thanks for praying for Peter! I know what you mean when you feel like he's part of the family. I told him that I was leaving Vicenza and he told me that he would miss me! What a good guy!!
Funny you should bring up about the hen gathering in the chicks. This past transfer I've learned a lot. Especially about using our time wisely. And most effectively. This past transfer my collega wanted to do a lot of things but then I asked him, "does this do anything for our missionary work?" And then he'll think for a moment and go, "no, not really. You're right, let's do this instead." Everything that I learned from my trainer helped out a lot but it was kinda hard because I couldn't really apply it with my new collega, because he does things differently! But we both learned together about what to do that matters and what not to do or to do later. Doing stuff like this allows us to have that revelation that we need to further the work here in Vicenza, because we're really doing what the Lord wants us to do! I really liked your analogy, dad!!  
I'm still learning how to follow the spirit. More so, having the courage to follow it. I asked President how to have confidence and he told me to pray and then be bold. No one will get hurt from you boldness. So, I'm working on that. Remember, the righteous are as bold as a lion!!
Alright, I miss you guys! Have fun!
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment