Sunday, February 9, 2014

December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!! Auguri!
So...thanks for talking to me over skype!! Super fun! Dad, did you enjoy the old cheese? Better let me know how it tasted...I gotta learn my names for the cheese :)
This past week and the past transfer have been abnormal. I suppose. We haven't done any finding work except of three hours total because the rest of the time we're in meetings (kinda boring because I don't do anything) and visiting members...and more meetings...teach a lesson or two...visit some more members...the sorelle need to correlate with us on which members are already visitied or who need to visit (supposed to take 30 minutes. Went for almost 2 hours. Again, I didn't do anything)...visited another member...I don't feel like a missionary. Everyone tells me what we're doing is missionary work. Okay. Anyway, I just wanted to say I felt bored this transfer. A few things have happend though! We passed by this one member and her husband isn't a member but we wanted to stop by and give her a little christmas gift. Tell her she's awesome and to keep on hangin' in there. Anyway, one of her old and best friends was outside when we stopped by and he started telling us, when he found out we were missionaries, that he was catholic and that everyone that believes in God will be saved, etc. But then he found out we were American (not that hard to guess) and he said that there was an American family and an American man that lived right around the corner and he wanted to show us. We just went "okay, cool." and followed him behind. He showed us where the American family lived, which is a young family too, just had a child, so we're planning to stop by (hopefully) and introduce ourselves and share our message! And the American man just happened to be...our atheist friend!! It was super funny! I was thinking, "wow. Heavenly Father sure does want this man to know the truth! Because even though he didn't want to talk to us anymore and wanted to reafirm himself in his atheist religion...we know where he lives!!!!" Good news is, after talking to him for a little bit, (he seemed contentious and suprised when he saw us because he was outside), he's kinda leaning on the more agnostic side. So now we just call him our agnostic friend. It's progress, right?
On a brighter note, I'm speaking Italian!! We went and did an hour finding work down in centro by the basillica and I started talking to this old man and, lo and behold, Italian kinda came out of my mouth. It wasn't perfect but it came out more smoothly that usual. And then he spoke and I understood him!! And the best part of it is (my mouth wanted to drop when I felt this) I could respond to him! Which I did in a sense because I had comprenhension of Italian! I also started using my PMG in Italian for studies and I can understand a lot of it too! I also started reading the BOM in Italian now for when I read the scriptures! It's a little bit tougher because the Italian is older and more formal than what people speak (PMG has super formal italian words which no one uses but I guess I can become the literate italian man) but it's working out. The Italian is coming!! Today, we went and did our shopping and I haded the cashier 20 euro and I was waiting to get some change when she said in Italian, "hey, do you have an euro?" I said, "yes" but in my head I was going, "uh...ya, I have an euro." And I was doing some awesome dance moves in my head kinda like what Chris Brown would do on a stage that's back lit with lights and on a lonely street and singing some awesome harmonies that concided with the poppy melody. Or R&B beat. But I was going, "Man, I do have the gift of tongues! It's real!" I just want everyone to know that the gift of tongues is real and that God answers the desires of our heart! It's awesome! I speak Italian! There's room for improvement but it's coming! Who would've thought that I could speak italian in an Italian town of english speaking italians? I'm telling you it's the gift of tongues!! I have a testimony of it!
Alright, I'm sending in some pics. There's one with Peter, collega, and me at the baptism. I forgot to send some of those a few weeks ago. Peter is doing awesome by the way. He's having it a little tough because he doesn't have a job but he's happy! There's another pic of me with my christmas sweater and our tree with the coniglio on top :) And me in the kitchen with my christmas apron given by our amazing President Dibb and his wife.
Until next time!
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment