Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 29, 2014

I'm glad that you liked my pics!! (I didn't know that they were so blurry but thanks for the tip! I'll do that now!) In fatti, Brescia is one of the oldest cities in Italy. Apparently older than Roma. Not sure if that's true but it's OLD!! There are TONS of churches here!! In our white handy-dandy missionary handbook it says to not proselyte near other religion places but then my trainer once told me that there were some missionaries that taught a lesson on the steps of a Duomo! You don't hear that any day!! (No worries! I try to obey the rules!)

You can buy gnocchi here at a normal grocery store. It's just super heavy!! And have I told you guys how much I love the Mozzarella cheese balls?! They're so good!! I had three of them before I came to write you guys an e-mail! Not exactly the best idea but it was lunch time. Also, hint: When you make pasta next time for dinner- pour in olive oil into the water when you're waiting for it to boil. I'm not exactly sure what it does but all of the Italians do it. And they throw olive oil on everything. Also throw in some salt in there too. I think Dad already does that. That's all the hints I'm going to give you while I'm on my mission. When I come back I will teach you the ways of cooking pasta! I've even been practicing saiting or whatever you spell it. You know when you thow on oil and then onions and stuff. I've been doing it to tomatoes and it's really good!! I put it in with the pasta and it tastes super good!!


Ya, I love doing the missionary work here! I like it a lot better than Vicenza. I don't like the city as much but I do like being in the world of Italy. :) A lot of the missionaries wish they can go and serve in Vicenza because of little America but then I think, "I really don't miss America. I just miss my family and that's it. But I sure do like having to communicate in Italian!!" Sometimes I have to talk in English but not as much anymore! Meno Male. I like to go through the Area book too but it's a little tough to use the time because President told me that he wants the missionari to work with members. That's where the greatest success is to reach convert baptims. So, he told me to put that as first priority and then when it came down to doing strada or casa (street contacting or tracting) you can do that when you have nothing else to do. But it's a big push over here for the members to get more involved, because they know people!! And those people can get baptized!! It's great but it's a slow process. We haven't seen Briesda for three weeks so were going to have to push her bap date back a bit, because she hasn't been coming to church. But we'll see. We've got tons of new investigators but a lot of them we're not sure about. But we got a buddhist investigator! :) He's from India too!

Sorry about the cold down there. Whenever the people found out where we are from they go, "oh, it's freezing down there!" And then they tell us in degrees celsius and I'm not exactly sure how cold it is but I'm guessing it's pretty cold! Tell Lindsay good job on the piano! Tell her to keep it up!

I liked your play of words, dad!! :) You can run but you can't hide! God knows where you are! Ha!

I love all of you! Thank you for all the prayers!
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment