Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014

We're back down to four bap dates but that's okay. We found Briseda and had another lesson with her. We told her that she needed to pray and ask God if this is the right thing for her to do. She's pretty much been taught everything...sometimes twice, and she says that she knows that this is true...so, I really don't know what's up with her but we'll work with her. And, ya, we got...20 LESSONS!!!! I think that we were the highest-teaching companionship in our zone for that week!! Because we had zone training this past Monday and our zone leaders asked us to share a success story. So, of course, we shared our 20 lesson miracle!! It was funny because before the meeting one of our zone leaders went, "wow, you guys are setting things on fire over there in Brescia!" That's right we are. So for this week we also have another goal to reach 20 lessons! And then next week is transfers so I don't what our goal should be because we have no idea what's happening but that's cool.

Obviously, having the faith and asking for our Heavenly Father's help also goes a long way too!! Another cool thing that has helped us reach our goal is prayer lessons. Now this is a pretty cool thing that President Dibb said we could do, because I really believe that this thing is engineered to get new investigators. Which it does for us. So, when you're out doing finding work and stuff and you stop someone you can testify of a principle, share a scripture (it's recommended), testify, and then an invitation. And a prayer counts it as a lesson!! Our invitation is usually, "Can we meet with you on this day so that we can talk about these things and give you this book?" Or something like that. And they usually say yes because they feel good from the prayer!! How cool is that?!!!

So, I thought my Italian was coming along...last night, and this is pretty funny, but I just can't believe that this happened to me...collega was laughing so hard. So, we got some gelato and then we were heading home for the night when this one ragazzo, with his group of friends, stopped us and started asking us why we were here and why we wear shirts and ties and così. And then he asked us which kinds of girls were easier to kiss; Americans or Italians. Well, I thought he was asking about the language not the girls. So I said it depends on the day and that it's difficult here in Italia sometimes. And then the group of ragazzi were like, "oh, no! It's not difficult!" and then I went "ya, it is!". And collega didn't say anything during that whole time, and he understands better than I do...he later told me what happened, between gulps of laughter, and that he was trying SO HARD to not to laugh when I said that!! Haha!! Well, anyway, that's my embarrassing story of the week!

Man, they're taking a while to choose a new bishop. Sure, let me know soon!! And those Mozzarella cheese balls are amazing, aren't they?!! I'm telling you, your life changes when you have one of those! I'll try and get some pesto! That stuff is amazing with pasta!! And sandwiches! On anything!
I miss all of you too!! And Febbraio is already half-way over practically...time goes by really fast out here! You can tell Danielle that I have a little smurf toy that she can have when I get back...if she wants it. It makes nice decoration on my desk! Ha!

Love,
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment