Sunday, November 3, 2013

The missionary work is starting to pick up some steam.....

Hiya, mom!!!!
 
Thanks for the camera! I haven't gotten it yet. I might tomorrow because we have a Zone Training meeting. I know I should be getting my card. Thank you!! I can buy a shoulder bag here. No worries. I might also buy a jump-drive because that's how music is stowed around here with the missionaries.
 
Say congrats to Austin for me! The big 19! I would hang out with him if I was there. Tell him to study up on PMG (Preach My Gospel) before he heads out to the MTC. It'll help out a lot. Collega has been teaching me how to teach. The more you can learn before you leave on the mish is beneficale.  
 
So, we've begun a new transfer. I was surprised how fast the last transfer went. It just flew by. Weird. I'm half-way done with training. Collega is getting ready to register for classes at BYU. I think he's doing that right now. In five weeks he leaves and he's gone. Just gone. I'm supposed to take care of myself after that. And I hope I get a good companion. He told me that he's going to stay focused and work toward the end. I'm cool with that. He's also been making sure that I'll be a self-reliant missionary. In the missionary lingo, I'm his "son" and he's my "father" because he trained me. Apparently, I also have two "nephews" and an older "Brother". Never met them but they're somewhere in the mission. I'm part of a big posterity :)
 
We've been teaching like crazy!! A lot more than when we opened up the area. All of our investigators are Africans!! We've been meetin' with our brudahs! We also had a serious crazy experience happen to us yesterday. Some random African came up to us and wanted to meet with us. He said he wanted to meet our people. He kept on saying Halleujah and "Praise the Lord!". We think he might've been drunk because he kept on repeating things and not mentally there. We left him with a Book of Mormon and Collega told him that we'll meet with him when he's sober but we won't teach him if he's drunk. He agreed and kept on saying he wanted to quit drinking wine and smoking and that he wants to be with our people. He smokes a pipe! Anyway, we're not sure if it was a miracle that we met him or this is just a crazy thing, but the interesting thing is that we both felt really calm, even though my blood was pumping, and collega said that he had experiences where the Spirit really pushed him and his companion to get out of the situation, but that was rarely and apparently this wasn't one of those experiences. So that's my crazy experience of the week!
 
Riding bikes here is out of this world! Italy is a biking country, everyone rides bikes, but I almost died last Friday. We were trying to find some former investigators. So we were riding our bikes out in the road, because that's what you do, and Italy uses round-abouts to move traffic quickly. Anyway, we were going through and I accidently hit a side-view mirror on a car. I didn't know what to do! I was trying to follow collega and not die in traffic! I hope the people in the car don't hate me. You would think it would be more simple to ride a bike...
 
Tell Dad good job for navigating the Italian Amazon. Google translator isn't really the best tool. Our Ward Missionary Leader in the American branch uses it to text us in Italian and collega cracks up everytime he reads a text because it doesn't make sense. But I'm proud of dad for doing it!
 
Thanks for the Scriptures! Collega and I actually took some Old Testament study guides that the American branch didn't want anymore. Super interesting to study!
 
Until next time!
 
Peace out!!
 
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment