Sunday, November 3, 2013

Epiphanies from a missionary

Hey, Pops!!
I feel way older. This transfer is already almost done. I don't know what to do with my life. It's been fun and crazy though!! I'm starting to love it!!
I hope our investigator pool continues to grow. We've come a long way from opening up but teaching is a lot more fun! Collega told me once about how he taught 30 lessons in a week while he was a Zone leader in Firenze. Crazy. 
Zone training was fun! There's a lot of us being trained so, yup, got to see a few guys. 
Sweet!! BYU takin' down Boise St! Keep the updates coming!! I'm excited to see how Basketball goes! 
Also, thanks for that article you sent about Hadley and his suspension. I don't know why but when I read about the inmates cheering, "BYU, BYU!" in the prison, it got me. Even though they lost to Utah, they were playing a better game. Doing something better for other people. I quickly realized the things of this world, like football, music, etc. aren't really that important. That's when I went, "Whoa!" because I never felt like that before. What matters is the people. Their well-being. Their souls. The gospel. I always said that it was important but I never saw it in other people's lives until now as a missionary because I'm doing it everyday! I definetly feel a lot happier doing this work!
Love ya, pops!
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment