Sunday, November 3, 2013

Now that all of that is over....on to missionary work! :-)

Whad up, Momma?
Ya, my watch is still wearable. Still ticking! I'll need a new camera. The train we were on headed up to Venezia (Venice) and since Italy is weird and other government issues, we would have to go up to the station in Venezia to see if they have my camera. They didn't even have a number to call. President didn't want us to go to Venezia since it's out of our zone (Collega is trying to find ways to get there) and he said there wasn't any real chance that it would even be there...so I need a new camera. 
We gained to new investigators this past week!! Abrahim, whom I've already mentioned, and John!! Both of them are sincere in learning the gospel so it's going to be sweet!! Abrahim has been reading the Book of Mormon and he said that he knew it came from God. He hasn't prayed yet though. I invited him to baptism in my terrible American accent Italian (everyone in the apartment makes fun of me. They said I sound like Bugs Bunny or something. Punks.) Anyway, he avoided the question and started talking about prophets. Collega said he avoided the question. All I recognized from the Italian was Mosè and Noè (Moses and Noah). But we're working with him. We've only met with John once. 
Yup, I make most of the calls now. To set up appointments anyway. Collega said that there were a lot of missionaries who don't know how to make calls after they're done training. So, he's been putting me in the grinder. Chastising me about things I do and stuff. He's adamant about me being an experienced missionary once he leaves. I'm still suriving. Even learning a lot. So, we'll see what happens. 
I'm still waiting for my card to come through. I stil have another pair of slacks for my suit, remember? And what about Christmas? What's happening there? And guess what happened to me yesterday? I put on my jeans because we were going to do some service and it felt tight around my thighs...I guess from the walking and biking. It's all we do everyday.
Tell Grandpa and Dad thank you for their e-mails! Peace out!

Until next time!
Anziano West!

No comments:

Post a Comment