Sunday, December 15, 2013

November 13th

Sup, sup!!
Well, I'm bumbling away. Yup, I got the camera but I have to buy a memory card. Can't do that until I get my card which should be comin' next week. I think the office is getting a little hedgy because of your e-mails, since they're super busy with trying to get apartments and stuff, so just lay off the pressure. Don't worry, I got it taken care of. The assistants had it the whole time. I made a new friend in the office though. I don't know how to spell his name but he lived in the same apartment with collega while he was down in Firenze. It's funny because the missionaries here are either American, Italian, or Austrialian. And the office elder is Australian so it was fun talking to him.
We've lost of a lot of investigators because of committment but we are trying to get a baptism with one of our African brudahs. He just has to come to church. Also, we've been trying to find new people but everyone always says they're Catholic. And then, in my mind, I get angry  and think, "I don't care if you're catholic, all I want to know if you've seen the Book of Mormon..." So, it's been fusturating for me to do finding work. I almost blew up in front of this old guy. Collega had to calm me down. Sounds embarrasing but it's true. He said he wasn't interested and I went "Perchè?! Comè mai?!" and he just walked on. Learning some new lessons, I guess.
Ya, I like being with the Italian branch even if I can't understand or speak. I can understand better than speaking. I just want to speak gramatically correct and my mind swirls to find the correct genders, adjectives, pronounciation, etc. Doesn't work all the way. Thanksgiving day is on transfer day so... a few things could happen. Collega will be gone and I'll be getting a new collega. Or I could get transferred and our copia gets "whitewashed" in Vicenza. Whatever works I guess. If I stay, then I'll be with an American family, probably. I kinda want to get away from little America though.
I'm excited to hear about everything that has been happening!! Singing on PBS! It's a start, mom! Tell DD I love her too and tell Aubrey to keep reading! I still learn new things from the scriptures still. And collega teaches me also from the scriptures. I just feel so young. I feel like in a way I've changed but I'm not sure in what ways. Anyway, until next week!
Peace out!
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment