Sunday, December 15, 2013

November 27th

Hey fam!!!
Some great news!! And some crazy news! I get a new collega tomorrow morning. He's name is Anziano Pugano or something like that. He's been out for about 8 or 9 months. Some good news is that we actually have one of our African Brudahs being baptized on Dec. 14! Fully committed and ready to go! We also have an Italian family to teach (for the first time...ever) on Friday morning. With my new collega. So, we'll see how that goes.
The past week has been crazy. We did a scambio with the Anziani here and the Sorelle were having a baptism. We usually do our baptisms in Padova but since there was a youth conference, the baptism was moved up to Mestre, which is near Venezia. Anyway, I was with Anziano Jaramillo and we were on our way to the train station when we saw one of our investigators, Fortune. He wasn't doing anything so Anziano Jaramillo invited him to the baptism. I was surprised that he did that but Fortune agreed and he came with us. Apparently, Anziano Jaramillo was also surprised that Fortune came with us also. So, we end up in Mestre, and one thing that I've learned while being here is that you don't receive directions from the Sorelle. Because they give you terrible directions! We were trying to find the church but then we got lost! In a city that wasn't even in our zone. We walked forever to find the church but it was super funny afterward. We were laughing about it because we made an odd sight. A missionary walking angrily out front trying to keep his temper cool while trying to get sane directions talking on the phone, then a few feet behind him another missionary (me) trying to keep up with him, and then about 10 feet behind, an African with a green umbrella just taking his time walking. Ha! The best thing about it is that we got lost in a whole other city! Super fun!
So, our investigator, Peter, is ready to be baptized. Literally. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and told him all the things he should avoid and then he repeated them back to us. I never saw that before. He also said he didn't like coffee and that he knew smoking was bad. We might need to go over what illegal drugs are because he didn't understand us but he's so happy that he found the church of Christ! I wanted to transfer out of Vicenza because little America is killing me but I'm glad to stay to see Peter. We also have other African Brudahs getting ready too. Soon. The work is coming together.
BYU lost? No! I wanted them to be ranked. And if you got bored watching the game with Notre Dame...must've been boring.
I sent an e-mail to Nick. Giving him the congrats and letting him know that he's loved. I also asked him how things were going so, hopefully, he answers back.
Keeping mom in my prayers. Also, I bought a side bag (it was kinda expensive but it's a cool side bag...It'll probably last me for the next two years. Speriamo.) I also bought a memory card! Sending some pics soon! It's not much but it's been busy over here.
I have to get off but I'll write you guys next week!
Love,
Anziano West

No comments:

Post a Comment