Sunday, August 4, 2013

After 1 week at the MTC

Here are some highlights from his next letter on July 31.  One week after entering the MTC...this is proof that the Lord wants his young men serving missions.


So, this past week has been insane!!!!!! We've been teaching in Italian (sort of. Its more like caveman style) but I've realized its the Spirit you need in the lessons. Not the language. Oh, and you need to see a talk by Elder Bednar called, The Characters of Christ. It will blow you away. A lot of the Elders have said it changed their lives! And it certainly will go in hand in hand with what you and I have been talking about. Especially about opening our hearts. You just need to see it!!!! It was a Christmas MTC devotional a few years ago. So, if you can find it!

I'm not going to lie the past four days have been the hardest days of my life!! But when Sunday came around and we took the sacrament...its almost as if the Lord or I don't know! I felt like I was given comfort and filled with the Spirit to face the next two years!....

I feel like I need to share this small trial I had these past two days. I certainly feel changed by it. So earlier this week I got a letter from Austin. Remember that song we wrote in Cali. Sorry about the punctuation. The keyboard is in Russian or something so bear with me. Anyway, Austin knew this guy in High School who signed onto one of the largest studios in LA! Austin ran into him at a mission farewell and invited him to his house for a recording session. Austin showed him our song and he wants to take it and put it on the radio!!!!! As a girl and rapper duo duet thing. But a song that I helped to write is going to be on the radio later this year!!!!! Its like a dream come true for me!!! I was so excited! But then it sunk in that I'm barely on a mission and I wont be there with Austin to see it happen. I was so bummed out. I wrestled with myself because that's what I always wanted to do! But I also knew that I needed to be on a mission. I was hating life!!! I didn't know what to do. Last night was the Tues. night devotional and we had a former General Seventy talk to us and I don't remember his name, but he said something important that sunk into me. He quoted Winston Churchill and it was about one moment in time when someone is tapped on the shoulder to do what they needed to do. And if they didn't do what they needed to do, and shirked from their duty, then amen to that man. What we do now will echo in eternity. Even if its one person in Milan that I help then I have done what I was called to do. I shared my experience with my district last night after the devotional and I was crying when I bore my testimony. I'm okay now but a little tender. Funny thing is that when I shared my experience and everyone gave me a hug and stuff, it was more like our district was growing more closer together then they giving me comfort. A few of the Elders even said they loved everyone in the district. Anyway, I don~t know whats happening to me but I'm sure everything is going to be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment